Posts for tag: dentures
What your family dentists in Charlotte want you to know
If you’ve been thinking about getting dentures to complete your smile, or if you’ve been wearing dentures for a long time, it’s time for you to discover what new dentures can do for your smile and your life. Dr. Susan Hockaday and Dr. Jim Baucom in Charlotte, NC want to help you discover how a new denture can change your life.
Today’s dentures are created out of state-of-the-art materials and are designed to give you a custom-made smile that is as individual as you are. Dentures also can help you look younger by giving you back youthful fullness in your face and a firm jawline.
If you’ve been living without teeth, wouldn’t it be nice to have a fully-functioning set of teeth? If you are not smiling because of missing teeth, wouldn’t it be great to have a smile you can be proud of? If you are wearing an old, ill-fitting denture, wouldn’t it be fantastic not to worry about your teeth moving around? A new denture is the right choice for you!
Dr. Hockaday and Dr. Baucom offer several denture and partial options to choose from. Consider:
A full denture if you want to replace an entire arch of teeth, upper or lower. You can choose from:
- An immediate denture, which is placed immediately after tooth extraction; a more permanent denture will be made after your tissue has healed. Immediate dentures are beneficial because you don’t have to live without teeth.
- A conventional denture, which is placed after your tissue has healed completely; conventional dentures are beneficial because you only have to get used to wearing one denture.
- An overdenture, which is snapped in place over existing tooth roots or dental implants; overdentures are beneficial because they help conserve the supporting bone in your jaws.
A partial denture is a perfect choice if you want to replace just a few teeth and not an entire arch. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture if you are planning on dental implants later on; transitional partial dentures are often less expensive, because they are meant to be a temporary option.
- A removable partial denture if you are not going to have implants; removable partials are strong and meant to last.
Give yourself a new smile, you deserve it! For more information about dentures, partials and other restorative and cosmetic services, call Dr. Hockaday and Dr. Baucom in Charlotte, NC today!